The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CORRECTIONAL TECHNICIAN-12 HR
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3W60V6M0B88437S7LH
Facility: GUADALUPE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position assists in providing lower level security services within the facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures incoming inmates and personnel have proper identification to enter and travel within the facility.
- Responds to visitor questions and telephone calls using proper etiquette and facility procedures.
- Ensures the proper use of key watch program.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations following established facility procedures.
- Observes security monitors to assist in properly identifying and monitoring inmate movement.
- Ensures proper distribution and return of radios and other equipment used within the facility.
- Maintains a log of all facility activities
- Maintains cleanliness of Master Control, Front Desk and the Reception area
- Ensures that restricted keys are issued only to authorized personnel.
- Maintains the employee accountability board
- Maintain accurate facility counts in accordance with the facility count room.
- Notifies Shift Supervisor any fire or security alarms.
- Maintains Central Control Office at all times. Ensures that inmates do not gain access to area.
- In the absence of a Correctional Officer assigned to the metal detector, monitors traffic into the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Previous working experience within a correctional facility preferred.
- Ability to make correct decisions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain alertness and attention to detail for the period of a full shift.
- Ability to learn and comprehend all facility policies and procedures.
- Ability to use tact when interacting with others within or outside of the facility.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!