Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Admin Dir, Mental Health Services Full Time Day Shift
at Sutter Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ABSMC-1810657
Under the direction of the System Mental Health CEO, and in close collaboration with Local/ affiliate leadership, the Administrative Director is responsible for proving leadership to the inpatient and outpatient mental health and addictions services provided at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center and across the Bay Area Operating Unit.
Principle accountabilities include: development of the vision for mental health and addictions services at ABSMC and across the Bay Area Operating Unit including, Mental Health inpatient and outpatient services, Electroconvulsive Therapy, Chemical Dependency residential and outpatient services for adults and adolescents and the psychiatric consultation service; the ongoing assessment of clinical and quality outcomes as well as patient satisfaction in order to develop and implement plans to achieve best-in-class performance; identify opportunities and implement plans for new program development and the enhancement of existing programs and services; serve as the outward facing representative for mental health and addictions services with referral sources, County Behavioral Health Directors, other service collaborators, as well as community partners and leaders in the Bay Area; increase market-share for existing services; oversee business operations and the strategy for service growth and development. All work will be designed, implemented and performed in compliance with Sutter Health and System Mental Health policies and procedures, as well as federal, state and county regulatory guidelines.
In partnership with System Mental Health and Bay Area psychiatric and additions administrative and clinical leadership, the incumbent integrates administrative and clinical leadership, the incumbent integrates administrative and clinical oversight for Mental Health and Addictions services at ABSMC and across the Bay Area Operating Unit.
Education, Licensures, and Certification:
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or other related degree required
- FACHE preferred and where applicable clinical licensure required upon hire
- Must demonstrate progressive management ability in providing administrative and clinical direction for all behavioral services in a system delivering a full continuum of psychiatric and substance abuse modalities required
- Experience working with patients with moderate to severe psychiatric disturbance, preferable in a hospital based setting preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have a basic knowledge of psychiatric diagnoses and acuity based admission criteria for all behavioral programs including inpatient, partial hospitalization, residential and outpatient
- Skills: Team leadership and highly developed organizational skills are required. The ability to work in teams composed of a variety of professional backgrounds, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses, therapists and ancillary patient care staff is mandatory. Innovative thinking and a flexible management style that is incorporative while seeing the big picture is essentials. Initiative and the ability to manage complex and often conflicting issues in a professional, diplomatic manner is key.