Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Management / Data Analyst Intern (Fall 2019)
at Splunk Inc.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is rapidly growing its internal Product Analytics capabilities. We are seeking a product management / data analyst intern to provide operational metrics and analysis around product adoption and success. In this role, you will collaborate with diverse partners to help them make effective, data driven, and strategic decisions around how to improve our products, what features to prioritize, and how to increase customer engagement. You will do a short term project that will contribute to real-life improvements with high impact. Looking for an internship that helps you grow both business and technical skills? This is the right role for you.
You will ask the right questions about the data – what data is collected, how does it reflect business and technology goals, and what follow-up actions are warranted. You purposefully address data quality issues and look for opportunities to align both data and metrics collected/used across our product line. You will partner with product leadership to translate business semantics into rigorous math and implement the reporting using multiple tools.
This is a full-time position based in either our San Francisco or Santana Row office.
- You will craft reports and dashboards for product leadership on product usage, uptake, engagement
- You will work with product managers to obtain quantitative measures for uptake and engagement of various products
- You will develop quantitative metrics and analytical support for measuring product and data quality
- You will consult with and nurture partners on analytics performed against product-generated data
- You will help build an open, unbiased, evidence-based culture throughout the organization
- You have superb interpersonal and communication skills
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are willing to explore open-ended questions and present compelling arguments using data
- You know how to use Excel, SQL, and visualization tools such as Tableau
- You are pursuing a Bachelors, MBA, or PhD degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Data Science, Operational Management).
- Bonus if you can build searches and dashboards in Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!