Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 255820
The Internal Audit Function within the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco assists the Bank's Board of Directors and senior management, with its fiduciary responsibilities, by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within Bank business areas over financial reporting, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, compliance with laws and regulations, and the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes.
The Audit Department is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our IT Audit team who can work both independently and in a close team environment. This position is responsible for planning, conducting and documenting IT audits; reviewing IT operations, System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects, and information systems to evaluate risks and controls.
- Lead and/or participate in the Federal Reserve System Bank operations locally, in the 12th District, and at other reserve banks System-wide to audit, assess and monitor:
- IT General controls
- Secure application development and SDLC controls
- IT Projects / Programs
- Emerging cyber security and information security risks
- Mobile computing environments
- Cloud architecture / controls related to applications hosted on the cloud
- Data Lifecycle Management controls
- Data Privacy controls
- Business Recovery and IT Resiliency
- Demonstrate audit acumen and delivery by executing high quality audit services in an independent, objective manner in accordance with the IIA International Professional Practices Framework.
- Perform risk assessments, prepare audit plans and conduct fieldwork.
- Accurately document observations, issues and recommendations.
- Perform follow-up activity on planned corrective actions in response to audit recommendations.
- Keep abreast with the latest technology developments and leverage technology, automated audit tools and data analytics to deliver insightful audit services in an effective and efficient manner.
- Complete assignments within established timeframes.
- Communicate audit results to Bank management, stakeholders and business partners.
- Serve as a liaison and valued knowledge advisor for one or more Bank operations.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners, including business clients, the System Audit Community, the Audit Committee, and external parties.
- Propose creative approaches for performing tasks and problem solving.
- Exercise critical thinking, sound logic and rationale in decision-making and problem solving; considers multiple aspects in assigning significance and priority.
- Recognize the need for change, embrace new ways of thinking, and work in alignment with strategic goals. Champion an environment of continuous improvement.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a United States Citizen, United States National, or hold a permanent resident status/green card with the intent to become a United States Citizen.
- You should possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective presentation, social, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Ability to think logically and analytically to perform problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task and organize multiple projects.
- General knowledge and understanding of information technologies.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Proficiency in Excel Spreadsheets.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in auditing information security, general IT controls, application controls and technology risks for various hardware and software platforms
- Experience in documenting IT processes & procedures
- Familiar with SDLC methodologies, IT Governance, IT Policies & Procedures
- Experience in determining the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes
- BS/BA in Accounting, Auditing, Business, Computer Sciences, or related field
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure such as servers, endpoints, networking devices and databases
- Experience with the NIST Risk Management Framework (SP 800-53)
- Experience with COSO / COBIT Framework for ITGC Controls
- Experience with ISO 27000 and 22313 series standards
- General knowledge of emerging cyber security risks
- Technical knowledge of cloud computing environments
- Technical knowledge of mobile device management
- Experience in using / developing automated audit tools and data analytics
- Professional certifications such as CIA, CPA, CFE, CISA, CISSP, CIPP.
- IT Consulting Experience
- Public accounting experience
Work Hours and Conditions
- 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST), Monday – Friday
- Off hours support as required by project schedules or management
- Ability to travel up to 15%
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.