City of Richmond California
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AQUATIC INSTRUCTOR (Part-Time)
at City of Richmond California
|Job Title:||AQUATIC INSTRUCTOR (Part-Time)|
|Salary:||$16.64 - $17.48 Hourly|
|Job Type:||PART TIME|
|Location:||CITY OF RICHMOND 450 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, SUITE 310, RICHMOND, CA 94804, California|
Under supervision of the Pool Manager, the Aquatic Instructor will perform duties and responsibilities directly related to the instruction of swimming lessons and water exercise programs.
This part-time position works with diverse members of the general public in small groups and individual instruction in the water and on the deck. This position is distinguished from Training Instructor in that it requires sustained public interaction with various age groups.
|Examples of Duties:|
1. Teach swimming and water safety skills to various age groups (tots, preschoolers, children, adults and seniors).
2. Teach water exercise classes (aerobics, aqua-jogging and arthritis exercise) and other fitness activities.
3. Govern the conduct and behavior of participants, enforce rules and regulations, and maintain supervision and safety.
4. Prepare activity reports, class rosters and safety reports.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications:|
Emergency water safety procedures.
Special issues associated with conducting activities for citizens possessing a wide variety of physical and mental abilities.
Principles of instructional and recreation activities of an aquatics center, and class management, including coordination with other instructors and assistants.
Methods of program evaluation and performance evaluation.
Health and safety regulations.
Current methods and standards of Learn-To-Swim instructional programs, and developmental characteristics of various age groups.
Perform the full range of swimming strokes, basic through advanced.
Work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends, shifting assignments as program needs change.
Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of temperatures.
Use vision and hearing to identify and evaluate field emergencies, and to respond physically to these emergencies quickly and appropriately.
Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with personnel and the public, in both routine operations and emergency situations.
Develop and implement aquatic programs for a variety of skill levels.
Demonstrate leadership and effective teaching skills.
Experience and Training:
1. Sixteen (16) years of age.
2. Graduation from or currently enrolled in an educational institution working toward a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
3. One (1) year of experience at teaching or assisting with instruction in aquatic activities.
License or Certificate:
Current Aquatic Instructor Certification; American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, YMCA Instructor or equivalent.
Current First Aid and CPR for Public Safety Personnel in accordance with Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
| Supplemental Information:|
To Apply: APPLY ONLINE ONLY: http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us. Submit a City of Richmond Employment Application AND Responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire.